Monday, August 18, 2008

Wow! That's pretty good!


Today is my third anniversary being married to Deidra - a beautiful, wonderful, and amazing woman.

When I started this summer internship and some of the other interns found out I was married, one of the girls asked how long I had been married. I replied, "Almost three years."

Her eyes widened a little bit and she nodded, seemingly in disbelief, "Wow! That's pretty good!"

It made me chuckle that she was impressed that we had made it for three years. I guess with the breaking down of the family in our society, all the entertainment break-up news, etc., she thought three years was a really long time.

But I do have to agree with her on one point - it is pretty good! And it's only getting better!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I can't believe it has been three years since you left DC and got married. Congrats on 3 years. Great to see you the other night!

Audrey Seymour said...

oooooohhhhhh! 3 years! That's like a good wine, just getting better and tastier by the year!

n8, Shannon, Allie, Janessa & Tommy said...

I can't believe she stayed for the first one!

Sure love ya pops!