I got tagged by my friend and former co-worker, Brandy, to take part in this. It is called the honest scrap award and these are the rules...A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...
- After six rejections, I only have two potential schools to be accepted to this year - and I am on the waiting list for both of those (Purdue & Minnesota). I am starting to wonder if I am going to get into a PhD program this year. I have started applying for full-time, long-term work all over the U.S., in case school does not pan out. If I don't get into school this year, I'm not sure if I will re-apply next year or not.
- I do almost anything I can do get stuff for free. As of right now, I still have a number of free Nabisco cookies/crackers coupons and recently cashed in a coupon for a free 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew (even though I rarely drink carbonation, and even more rarely drink caffeine). We also went to Einstein's to get a free bagel numerous times last month (we had a "free bagel on Fridays in March" coupon). We also have free coupons for eating at The Factory, ice skating, going to the movies, and Aggie ice cream.
- I have had an extremely difficult time getting a CD cover together for my latest CD. My most recent disappointment in that regard will probably be blogged about within the next week or two.
- In addition to this current CD (my second), that will hopefully be finished for release this year sometime, I already have enough material to record a third CD and would also like to record a CD of cover songs.
- I am currently living in one of the happiest and most care-free times of my life. I get to work from home for more money than I could probably make working anywhere else in Logan. Deidra doesn't work (except tutoring a couple of times per week), so we get to spend a lot of time together. I'm not even in school, so I don't have to worry about homework, tests, papers, etc. But come the end of April, my current contract runs out and the company is not sure they will have funds to continue my employment. So I'm just trying to enjoy this stage in life while I can.
- When Deidra and I got married, we both came into the marriage saying that once we were done with school, there was little chance we were going to continue living in Utah. But we've since come to the conclusion that Utah (particularly Logan) is a fairly nice place to be, and having tons of family close makes it even better. So we've backed down on that pledge, but we're still open to live pretty much anywhere work/school takes us.
- For April Fools Day, I wore a three-piece sky blue denim suit for Stake Bishopric meeting, hoping to get a good reaction. But few people even mentioned it at all, so I hope people don't think that was my normal business/church attire.
- We've been in out current apartment for almost three years, and are itching for a change in scenery and/or new neighbors.
- I'm temporarily returning to a job I left two years ago to help out as a former co-worker heads off on maternity leave.
- I love watching Primetime in No Time on Yahoo!, so I get to stay up with what's happening in the primetime TV land without actually having to watch the shows myself.
(I did a similar thing a while back, but with 100 things, so I tried to not repeat myself.)
As for tagging people, I think it would be great to hear from some people who haven't blogged in a while: Patrice, Warren, Tameka, Whitney, Chod, Kamilah, and . . . anybody else who has something to say and wants to give this a try.