Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Golden Oreos - Santa's Gift that keeps on giving

I am a big fan of Golden Oreos, and Santa knows it. When I woke up at the home of my in-laws on Christmas morning, Santa had left a package of Golden Oreos with my stocking. Since we hadn't finished the package before we left to return to Logan, I took the Oreos with me.  Fast forward a week or two to when I grab the last two cookies out of the bag. I twist the top off of one of the cookies and see a grey-colored abnormality on both the inside of the cookie and the creme. Nasty!

I contact Nabisco/Kraft and they tell me that they will send me an envelope in the mail so that I can ship the cookie back to them. Along with that, they promise a couple of coupons. This was in early January, and I had not received anything in the mail by February. I contacted them again and was told that the original mail had been sent, but should not have taken this long to get to me. They resolved to re-send the package as certified mail so that I would have to sign for it.

Today there was a knock on the door. Deidra answered the door to see our mailman with the package from Kraft. She signed for it and we opened it up. It included a letter of apology, a pre-paid envelope so send back the cookie and packaging, and three coupons for free Nabisco cookies or crackers.

A short time later, I braved the falling snow to run across the road to our mailbox and retrieve the rest of our mail. Lo and behold, the original kraft mailing was in our mailbox with the exact same items (letter, return envelope, and 3 coupons). In addition to that, there was a regular letter-sized envelope from Kraft. That letter turned out to be identical to the other two, except for the signature at the bottom. It also contained one more coupon.

I contacted Kraft and told them about the situation and was told to keep and use all seven coupons. Sweet! 

I won't run out of Golden Oreos for quite some time now!

2 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

Food Storage! You're set you can survive in the snow storm!

Jean said...

Nice! Hooray free stuff!!