Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And the winner is . . .

NOBODY!!

The February 15th deadline for the CD design contest has passed, and there were no submissions. There are a few reasons I can think of that might help explain it:

1. My friends aren't really as talented as I think they are. (I doubt that reason could be true.)

2. The contest awards were not high enough to generate interest. (This reason is very possible, but it's all I could offer in my current situation.)

3. My friends don't think they're really as talented as I think they are. (a.k.a. you don't think I am referring to you as you read this.)

At any rate, I am looking into other options for CD artwork, including purchasing software (probably Photoshop) in order to do it myself.

However, if there's anyone out there who would like to try their hand at the design, shoot me an email at chris_hartwell_music@yahoo.com. Even if you are not working in a digital medium, we can work something out.

9 comments:

Jesse Harris said...

Why buy Photoshop when The GIMP is free?

chartie said...

What's the GIMP? And does it work on Macs?

Jesse Harris said...

The GIMP is a free version of Photoshop and yes, it's available for MacOSX.

Sara said...

Feel free to stick a picture of me on your cd.

Jean said...

Hahaha!! Oh well. I kept trying to get Tim to do a design for you, but he's so swamped with homework that he doesn't have time to go to the bathroom sometimes. (Haha, j/k) But yeah.

Eric Herman said...

Chris, you might try using http://www.ifreelance.com I got someone through there to do my new cover, and there were a lot of bids at a variety of fees (some very low).

Audrey Seymour said...

i know you could not be possibly talking to me ... :) It is not that I don't care though..I hope you find something you really like...

Daisy Paige said...

Hmmm...I'm disappointed because I was excited to look at all the submissions. Maybe all of your friends are just lazy.

LaurenHoya said...

Chris, even though you don't have a CD cover, I'm glad you're still making music! If I was talented in the visual arts, I think I'd have thrown together something. Alas, that's not a strength of mine.
~Lauren