Monday, December 15, 2008

I Made It!

I officially* graduated on Friday, December 12th with a Master of Science in Human Resources. Since then, I have been researching schools for a PhD and have decided to apply to the following (in no particular order):

Michigan State University
University of Michigan
UCLA
University of Indiana
University of Maryland
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
Purdue University
University of Minnesota

So that is the next step. They all have deadlines between January 1 and February 15, 2009, so I better get moving quickly in order to get all of my information in on time. Wish me luck! I'll certainly keep everyone posted, but I am sure I won't hear back about any of these for a few months at least.

* by "officially," I mean that I went through the graduation ceremony. Final grades and diploma are forthcoming.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats Chris!! That is a HUGE achievement you should be very proud. Good luck with the search for more school:)

Crystalbell said...

I'm super impressed and super proud of you! Good job!

Congratulations and best wishes with the Ph.D. and finding your next new home.

Jean said...

CONGRATS!!! Awesome! Good luck with all the applications -- here's for UCLA!!

Reeders said...

Congratulations Chris! That is so great!

Daron said...

Ummm...I'm noticing that none of these schools are in Utah. Is that a hint?
Either way, good job Dr. Hartwell.

KamilahNYC said...

Congratulations!!

chartie said...

Yeah Daron, the hint is that there are no PhD programs for Human Resources/Organizational Behavior anywhere to be found in Utah.

Anna said...

Could you please have a meeting with the Drapers and find out where Casey will be heading for dental school... then that way you can choose a school nearby so when we visit we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone?! (I mean visit 2 friends at the same time!)