Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No PhD this year

I officially heard from the last school today and I am not going to be starting a PhD program in the Fall. So I am now fully immersing myself in the job hunt. I will probably try to get some experience under my belt, and might take and retake the GMAT and GRE (respectively) to boost my chances for acceptance next year. In addition, I will be able to more fully study PhD programs and find those that are the best fit for me. So, all in all, it may not be a bad thing to have to wait another year.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Who wants to go to more school anyway?! Good luck on the job hunt... I bet you'll find a good one!

kim edvarchuk said...

Sorry to hear about schools...but I agree with Anna...who wants to do more school...its just writing papers and taking tests (and that doesn't sound fun does it?)....

Jean said...

Sorry it didn't work this time around, but you're right, I bet you'll be extra prepared and knowledgeable next year. Here's to landing a sweet gig!!

Chelsey said...

Sorry, Christofurry Face. But just think of all the free time you'll have! :) Hope you are doing well.

Daisy Paige said...

Oh Chris, I'm sorry to read you won't be starting your PhD this fall. I was heartbroken last year when I didn't get into the dental hygiene program, even though I was equally relieved that I wouldn't be leaving a 6-month-old with sitters during class.

Good luck in the job hunt!