Monday, June 01, 2009

May books

There is not a lot to report for reading in May - only two books:


The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Mitch Albom

I really liked this book. It was an extremely fast read, but I thought it was thought-provoking and entertaining. I highly recommend it.

Orson Scott Card

This book follows the previous books in the series and leads to the books that follow. So it tells a good story, but leaves much of the story line wide open at the end.

I am currently in the middle of two other books, so hopefully I will have more to report next month. Otherwise, I have a lot of catching up to do if I am going to hit my goal of 50 books. After five months, my total is only 21 so far.

2 comments:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Chris, it sounds like you read as many books as I do in a month. If you haven't already read them, I just recently read the Malcom Gladwell books. I don't know how else to explain them except really interesting. Outliers was probably my favorite. I've got a lot more so we need to discuss this not over a blog comment.
Nate

chartie said...

Good suggestions, Nate. I actually started reading "The Tipping Point" a few years ago, but didn't get very far and wasn't too impressed. But my last semester of my Masters programs, I had and Organizational Behavior class and the professor had us read selections from "Blink," which I found quite interesting. So maybe I'll give "The Tipping Point" another chance (since Deidra owns a copy). Then I can also look into "Outliers" and "Blink."

I am definitely interested in your other suggestions. We'lll have to talk.