Sunday, October 08, 2006

Boston on my birthday

"Well, I've never plucked a rooster and I'm not too good at ping-pong
And I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall
And I've never kissed a chipmunk and I've never gotten head lice,
And I've never been to Boston in the fall!"
- "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" from Veggie Tales
I've never done most of those things, but I can at least check off going to Boston in the fall now! We made it out of stormy, dreary Utah and into sunny, splendid Boston yesterday evening and are excited for the fun times ahead of us. Today is my 29th birthday, which makes me feel old, since my mom has claimed to be 29 for quite some time now. So now I am somehow as old as my mom, and that's just weird.
We are heading to church here soon, and then possibly heading up north to York, ME, or Ben and Jerry's country in Vermont. The fall foliage is just as amazing as everyone raves about. Flying in to the Providence, R.I. airport, it was pretty awesome seeing all of the different colors all over. It should be a pretty drive this afternoon.
Anyway, we're off to church, so I guess I have to either close this post or take the Noyes' laptop to church, and I really don't think they would appreciate the latter.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sorry this is late, but I just wanted to say that I hope you had a wonderful birthday! ... and also, I'll add that I'm seriously envious of your trip to Boston! :)

The comment on your mom's age... hilarious. I love moms.

KamilahNYC said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was great!

Sara said...

A timely happy birthday to you!