Sunday, March 11, 2007

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back

So, Deidra made these awesome ribs for dinner tonight. We got boneless country-style pork ribs yesterday at the store (they were a steal on sale) and we decided last night that we would make some ribs for dinner when we got home from church today. Unfortunately, we didn't have any barbeque sauce, and I neither of us wanted to go back to the store last night. But Deidra pulled out her trusty cooking bible (aka "The Joy of Cooking") and we found a recipe we thought would be good for making barbeque sauce, which included garlic, freash ginger, and worcestershire sauce. We had the fresh garlic and ginger, but no worcestershire sauce - so we decided on using A1 sauce instead (to which I was more than agreeable). As Deidra said, I don't know if it was the four hours after church that we had to wait while they cooked, or if they really were that good, but I just wanted to eat the whole panful (and probably would have, if Deidra hadn't stopped me).

Not only that, but Deidra made homemade cole slaw and I whipped together some pink lemonade (it was hard work stirring the crystal light into the water). All-in-all, it was a great meal that made me anxious for summer.

And I'm definitely looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

No comments: