Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Counselor Powers - Activate!


Deidra and I both started new callings at church on Sunday. Deidra is the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. In our young married student ward, our Primary only consists of a nursery. So she gets to go to play with the nursery kids each Sunday. I think she enjoys it, but she misses being able to bond with the other sisters in the ward because she's not in Relief Society.

As for me, I am now the 1st Counselor in our bishopric. Sunday is now kind of a blur, and I am a little overwhelmed with the responsibilities and time commitment involved with the calling. But I am certainly looking forward to working with our new Bishop and the other counselor. And I am excited to be able to get to know and serve the members of our ward.

(P.S. That picture is really how Deidra and I dress for church. :) JK!)

3 comments:

KamilahNYC said...

Wow! Cool callings. You will do great!

Deidra said...

Chris, that is NOT how we dress for church. I totally slip a skirt on, over the top of my body suit. Jeesh!

And I must say that I look dang good in a faux hawk in the back. Or is that just a Kewpie curl?

Laurie said...

Your ward members must feel very blessed to have you in those callings. I know *I* would have been honored to have you in my bishopric.