Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A pretty good surprise

At around 11:45, with about 15 minutes left in class this morning, I got a text message from my wife that read:

"Do you think you'll be wrapping up at noon?"

I replied that it looked like we were nearing the end for the day. Her text response was:

"I hope so, too! There's a pretty good surprise waiting for you!"

I'm a sucker for surprises, so as soon as class got finished (11:54 - six minutes early), I ran home down the hill and arrived shortly after noon. I must have been too fast, because when I opened the door, I was told to go back outside because the surprise wasn't ready.

A moment later, I was called back in and found this on my plate at the candlelit table:



It was definitely a pretty good surprise. Does it get any better than a summer lunch like that? The wraps were pretty amazingly tasty, pasta salad is always a Chris favorite, and the lemon-poppyseed cupcakes glazed with some sort of lemon-sugary goodness were irresistable. My wife is pretty much awesome.

Oh, and Happy 25th Birthday Diet Coke! Thanks for being a part of such a great surprise.

(P.S. I think it's kind of weird that I am older than Diet Coke.)

4 comments:

robin marie said...

that is an awesome surprise. man i need to get my butt in gear and start being a better wife!! ha ha. and that is pretty hilarious we are older than diet coke... who knew!?

Deidra said...

It was fun to do. Let me interpret Chris's description of the menu: The wraps were pretty amazingly tasty (means that the wraps were dang yummy), pasta salad is always a Chris favorite (this had no flavor, and was pretty gross, but he loves pasta salad anyway...), and the lemon-poppyseed cupcakes glazed with some sort of lemon-sugary goodness were irresistable (we couldn't stop shoving these in our mouths. Deidra still keeps sneaking them. Mmm MMMMM!). My wife is pretty much awesome (That means he loves me!).

Happy Birthday Diet Coke. Thanks for bringing me much happiness!

Laurie said...

Your wife is LOVELY.

...but for the love, please don't call my husband's attention to this post! I just can't live up to that! ;)

Daisy Paige said...

I'm with Laurie - don't let Josh know how awesome Deidra is!