Saturday, September 29, 2007

While the cat's away the mice will procrastinate

Deidra left on Thursday morning to go to DC and visit some friends and old co-workers in DC. Of course, I unfortunately have to stay and go to work, since our trips to Seattle left me with only a few vacation days left at work. I have been trying to read the last 200 pages of The World is Flat for class and write an analysis of it while she has been gone. So far, I have about half a page written with quite a bit left to do. I can't get myself to focus. Instead I spend time surfing the net, checking fantasy football, reading Sports Illustrated, reading blogs (everything I have missed since i last read blogs about two weeks ago), and now I'm even BLOGGING! Can you believe it? But it's due by Wednesday, so I will be forced to buckle down some day soon.

5 comments:

Deidra said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Honey! I'll tell you where the Wii is if you hurry and get that finished.

And I might even give you the go-ahead to open it and play.

Sara said...

I understand. I have the same problem this weekend. There are so many fun things to distract us. Blame the fun things!

Laurie said...

This is probably over-analyzing (what I do best), but seems to me you miss her and you are filling your time with stuff that takes your mind off of it all. Aww... she makes you be your best self. That's sweet!

Laurie said...

Oh, by the way... speaking of fantasy football (I originally typed "fancy" football, oops!), my husband just informed me that he's being pummeled to death in your league.

KamilahNYC said...

i did the same thing this weekend. procrastinated a project so that i was up till 3 am sewing this stinking dress that is due today! nice...
welcome back to the blogging world.