Sunday, October 07, 2007

The death (and rebirth?) of ChrisHartwell.com

This week, I tried to access ChrisHartwell.com and it would not come up. I contacted the company I purchased it from to find out what had happened. Come to find out, my registration for ChrisHartwell.com had expired back in August. The company had attempted to contact me, but had an old email address that I hardly ever check anymore. After the registration expired, ChrisHartwell.com was purchased by another company, so I was unable to obtain it! Talk about frustrating. So instead, I purchased ChrisHartwellMusic.com.

I later went online and found contact information for the company that purchased ChrisHartwell.com. I assumed that their company did business by buying domain names that expire in hopes of charging large amounts for the previous owners to buy them back. Upon contacting the company, they were very cordial. They apologized for purchasing the site when I was still interested in it. They wouldn't tell me any specifics, but said that their company bought websites that had expired for research purposes. They offered to sell me back the website if I would simply cover the costs they had spent in purchasing the site.

So hopefully on Monday, I will be able to get ChrisHartwell.com back in my possession. Until then, everything has been uploaded to ChrisHartwellMusic.com. Maybe someday, I'll even update the website. Who knows?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Are you working on getting famous again?

Daisy Paige said...

Yeah, what Sara said.

I mean, it's great to get an update on your website address, but come on...what about Chris Hartwell, the musician??

PS - which website should I link my blog to?

chartie said...

I have a CD ready for release. It's just a matter of putting together the artwork, etc., and getting it made. I'll keep you posted. A couple of songs are available at www.myspace.com/chrishartwell. Hopefully ChrisHartwell.com will be back up and running soon!