Saturday, May 17, 2008

International Trip - Part X: Curry, Curry, and more Curry . . . and Pizza

While flying to India, the airline served probably the greatest meal I have ever had on a flight. It was some sort of curried pork over rice. It made me excited to be in India, where I could experience more local flavors. However, once I got there, I realized that curry was pretty much the national flavor. Almost every Indian meal we had - breakfast, lunch, or dinner - had curry in it. It wasn't long before I got tired, and even a little sick, of the flavor. But, luckily, I wasn't the only one. After our first day in India, the entire group decided that if we were having curry for breakfast and lunch, we weren't having it for dinner. Some of us went to Pizza Hut for dinner one night, and we all had Domino's Pizza delivered to our hotel two nights in a row after that. I still haven't gotten the nerve to go out to the Indian Oven restaurant since coming back to Logan. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to enjoy curry again.

2 comments:

Zack said...

Since when are you in India? I'm confused, also jealous. Curry is mine and Zack's favorite food ever! We frequent the Indian Oven whenever possible. You and Deidra should definitley go sometime!

chartie said...

Deidra and I love the Indian Oven as well. I just haven't been able to bring myself to go back there since the trip. This trip actually happened over Spring Break, but it's taken quite a while for me to actually get around to bloggin about it. :) It's almost done though! Just a couple more posts.