Saturday, May 31, 2008

We made it!

For those of you wondering, we did make it to DC, though I got no sleep on the red-eye flight at all. You'd think I would be accustomed to red-eyes by now. And once we got to DC, we were taken on a roller coaster, 90-minute-long shuttle ride before we got to our destination. We spent the night with our friends Maren & Jospeh - and I even got to go golfing last night with Joseph and his borther-in-law. But the pricetag for golfing nine holes, renting clubs, and buying a handful of balls was a little bit more than I would usually be willing to pay. Deidra and I might golf a time or two this summer, but certainly not very often. We'll stick to the tennis court and swimming pool mainly - those are free.

We're just hanging out right now in Maren & Joseph's apartment, watching the minutes pass. We've got about an hour before we move into our apartment - tick, tock, tick, tock . . .

3 comments:

Jean said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I'm totally missin' DC right now. Glad the trip went well - sounds like you're in for an awesome summer! :-)

The Nate and Sara Project said...

yay! We are really super excited you're here! sorry about the hassle of getting out here, sure puts on a bit of a damper on arriving I'm sure. Best of luck moving in! Call us soon!

Audrey Seymour said...

So you made it. I am glad to see you have your priority in place and that you went golfing! I decided to start a blog too. Yesterday was my first day. It's a french blog though for all my friends and family. I should make Scott do an American one. Anyway we are counting the days til you come back... What is it 12? lol