Sunday, September 21, 2008

MoTab, Jr.

I guess this is late news, but I thought I should make mention of it. I am now singing in the American Festival Chorus, aka MoTab*, Jr. My brother-in-law and my brother-in-law's brother-in-law are also in the choir. 

It's not really a mini-MoTab - but it is a choir of over 250, I did have to audition for a spot, it is directed by Craig Jessop (who led the MoTab for 10 years before stepping down last year and becoming the head of USU's music department), and we are wearing black tuxes (for the men) and matching sparkling outfits (for the women).

We have a patriotic Veteran's Day concert coming up on Nov.12 and a concert performing Mozart's Requiem on Nov. 15. So put it on your calendar!

*MoTab is short for Mormon Tabernacle Choir, in case you aren't 100% hip on the Mormon slang.

3 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

That's great! my friend Tim is also in the choir! that will be a great experience!

Brooke S said...

Good job! I wish I had time! :(

Daisy Paige said...

Sweet! I'm going to go watch you sing!