Monday, September 08, 2008

My heartfelt apology


Dear Brett Favre,

I could tell from the above picture that you really took it personally when I kept telling people I was sick of hearing all about Brett Favre on all of the sports shows every day during the summer.

"He's retired . . . he's interested in coming back . . . no, just kidding . . . ok, maybe not kidding . . . yeah, definitely coming back . . . bad blood in Green Bay . . . interview on Fox News . . . calls from the Minnesota Vikings . . . maybe the Dolphins . . . being 'bribed' to stay retired . . . finally traded to the Jets . . . had to run a lap in practice because of fumbling a snap . . . "

It just went on and on! I'm sure you can understand my feelings. I know I said that I wish you had just stayed retired and spared us all the media circus surrounding your return. I know I scoffed when you got traded to the lowly Jets. And I scoffed even more when I saw that I had drafted you in the 13th round of our automated fantasy football draft. And I know it all really hurt you to see my bad attitude toward your return to football.

That's why I'm here to make amends and hope that we can be friends again. You see, in that draft, I gambled and took Tom Brady as my 1st round pick. He's been my fantasy QB for four years now (if memory serves me correctly) and has never let me down. But this year is different. This year, he earned a measly 3 points before getting injured and getting sidelined for the season.

So that's why I'm now petitioning to you. You're my only hope. Without you, my fantasy football season could already be over. So waddayasay? How about we forget that whole summer circus and start again with a fresh, clean slate. You just go out and play some great football (throwing for a lot of touchdowns, of course) and I'll be behind you every step of the way.

Thanks, man. I owe you one.

- Chris

5 comments:

Zack said...

you're funny

Crystalbell said...

I'm already sick of hearing about football, period, at my office! Good luck, though, getting Favre to do your bidding!

Audrey Seymour said...

all I have to say is LOL and when I mean out loud I mean out loud! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Dude. Sweet post. You're funny. And you're going down in the fantasy league brother!!! : )

BlueBandits are takin it all the way with the awesome Green Bay D.

Anna said...

This has nothing to do with BF, but we saw "The Snyders" listed under friends and were feeling a little jilted and also somewhat shocked! But then we figured out it was the wrong Snyders! Better put us up there! (at the top!)
Newmans!