Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Live, from Anchorage . . . it's Saturday Night!

What is it with Alaska that makes their constituents choose Saturday Night Live lookalikes as the head of their state government? I mean we all know the whole former Gov. Sarah Palin/Tina Fey comparison:
















Well, the other day, I got an email from Alaska's tourism department telling me that I should come visit the state. In that email was a message from the current Alaskan Governor, Sean Parnell, along with the following photo:













First off, he shares a surname with SNL alum Chris Parnell. But what struck me was the uncanny resemblance that he has to another former SNL cast member, Phil Hartman:














So, in a highly scientific study, I decided to take a look at a few other former governors of Alaska and see how they stack up with SNL alumni:

Frank Murkowski and Dana Carvey














Walter Hickel and Jon Lovitz














But one I have yet to place is Tony Knowles:














Any ideas for his SNL doppelganger?

2 comments:

Reeders said...

That is hilarious! Nice observation!

Jean said...

Hahaha!!! This is hilarious. Great investigative work. I'm stumped on Tony Knowles too, though!