Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pawning my soul

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I went to a pawn shop with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. While they perused the power tools, saddles and firearms, I spent most of my time looking at musical instruments, amplifiers and electronics. As I didn't find anything that caught my fancy, I decided to look through the rack of CDs. I saw some old CDs that brought back fond memories (Real McCoy, Boyz II Men, etc.), as well as some Christmas CDs that I was trying to remember if my wife already owned or not.

Then all of a sudden a CD caught my full attention. I looked at the familiar spine with skepticism and carefully pulled it off the shelf from under the stack resting above it. This was the image on the front cover:














That's right - I found All I Fear, my own CD from 2001 sitting the EZ Money pawn shop in Burley, ID. I'm still not sure if I should be flattered or offended. But if you're in the money for a $2 Chris Hartwell album, now you'll know where to go.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Hahaha!! That's really funny to me for some reason - just the randomness of it. Well, pawn shops are for prized items that people have to bring themselves to part with, so I think you should be flattered. (Plus, the pawn shop owner bought it, so that means he thought it was a good find!)

kim edvarchuk said...

It means your famous....how many people could walk into a pawn shop and find their own CD...sounds like you should be flattered!

Anna said...

My vote is that whoever used to own it now has it all downloaded to their iPod - so they just didn't need the CD anymore! :)

Jillian said...

A quandry indeed! I say, when in doubt, go with flattery.