Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Gall (Bladder) of Bitterness

There is less than a month left in my first semester of doctoral school. I have a lot left to do, and not much time in which to do it. As Deidra's blog post, I went in to the surgeon on Monday, and he confirmed the diagnosis of chronic cholecystitis and that my gall bladder should be yanked. We have scheduled Tuesday, December 7, for the surgery. In my mind (and according to most 'best case' estimates), the laproscopic surgery will be quick, painless and with minimal recovery time - which I truly pray is the case. I have two 10-page final papers due on Dec. 15th, and a flight home for Christmas that night after the finals have been handed in. So I'm counting on my body to heal itself in a hurry.

1 comment:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Maybe you should start those papers now, just in case? You are spry, healthy fellow, which is definitely in your favor as far as healing goes. Plus, a superb wife who will be taking uber good care of you. Best of luck on the whole next month!