Monday, August 07, 2006

Let the looooooong days begin!

It's 5pm, and I am here at my desk for another hour and a half or two hours, even having arrived at work at 8am. But I guess I should get used to it, because this is merely the tip of the iceberg. When the schools start up again (in just over two weeks), I will be arriving at work at 6am every day and staying until 4pm for three out of the five days of the work week. Luckily, I will get off at 2pm on Tuesday and Thursday, but I might be taking a class at USU starting at 3pm on those days. Hopefully I will survive. I have been given strict orders to let my boss know if I start getting burnt out, and I have also been told that any time I work over 40 hours each week I can use as comp. time in the summer. So that part of it should be nice. I figure I could pretty much take a whole month off next summer, if not more.

And, for those farmers out there ... I know you work a lot more hours than that during the planting and harvesting seasons, so I feel for you. At least I am in an air conditioned office, right? I'll count my blessings.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Yeah, farmers may have it rough, but they do it for the short season out of the year. We need to start prepping ourselves for really early mornings-- I didn't realize it was that soon!

Karisa said...

Yeah Deidra, your life is always rougher.

chartie said...

don't forget, Karisa, Deidra does have to deal with me on a daily basis. I don't think it gets much rougher than that. :)