Thursday, August 10, 2006

Melon update - one week later

Look at this mammoth! Ok, so it's only the size of a small cantaloupe, but it's certainly grown in the last week. Wouldn't you agree? I counted about five melons that are growing now, but this is by far the largest. I pulled off a number of the flowers that could have started new melons, because I want to make sure that the plant puts its energies into the melons that are already there. Deidra thinks I'm a little bit obsessive about this little guy, because I take a new picture of it on my phone every time we go to the garden (every two days). Maybe when it's all grown up, I will have to put together a little slide show for you all. Until then, you'll still probably get weekly updates from me, because ... well, because I am boring and this is the most interesting thing I have to talk about right now. Pretty sad, huh?

P.S. Maybe the melon needs a name. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Nikkala said...

You are only pathetic if you have named the watermelons...