Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mmmmm . . . Breakfast in Bed

On Monday, I was fortunate enough to have the day off from work (thank you MLK). I didn't sleep particularly well Sunday night, and I awoke Monday morning to the sounds and smells of Deidra making breakfast in the kitchen. Not wanting to miss a homemdae breakfast, I went downstairs and into the kitchen only to be sternly told "Get back in bed!" So I did as I was told, without complaint.

A few moments later, Deidra came upstairs with a full plate of waffles and eggs, along with a tall glass of juice. What a wonderful morning! I appreciate her kindness and and her great cooking skills. :) I should have days off more often!

We then traveled to SLC and spent some time shopping before I dropped her off at her hotel in the afternoon (where she is staying until this afternoon for her work). It was good to spend the morning and early afternoon with her before I had to come back to Logan and prepare to go back to work. I will be nice to have her home today.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Yeah, you make it sound all nice here. You told me that you were afraid I was going to get mad at you for not helping with breakfast, not that you would actually miss breakfast.

I guess I showed you!