Monday, February 26, 2007

Fil, Sil, and Pasil

This Saturday, Deidra received a call on her cell phone. It was her little sister inviting me to join them for the Utah Jazz game that night in Salt Lake. Yeah, that's right, only I got invited to the game. (I believe Tameka's response to Deidra questioning whether she could go too was, "NO! You're not invited! Does your husband want to go to the game?!") But don't worry - I don't think Deidra minded. She got to go shopping with her mom while I was at the game.

So Fil (Father-in-law) Warren, Sil (Sister-in-law) Tameka, and Pasil (Practically-a-sister-in-law) Chelsey, and I attended the Utah Jazz game versus the Boston Celtics (whom they beat handily). We were in the front row of the second tier, and Tameka was awe-struck by the lights on the electronic advertising board over the railing in front of us. I'm just glad she didn't fall over the edge while she was hanging over the railing to watch them. And I think Tameka and Chelsey found new Italian gymnasty boyfriends wearing skin-tight, flesh-colored unitards with bright-colored, flailing-ribbon, and faces painted white. Watch out Braden! Too bad Warren had one foot in the grave with the whooping-black-lung-bird-flu-plague disease, or he might have enjoyed the game a little bit more.

Thanks for a fun time.

1 comment:

Tameka Lee said...

No problem Chris, I decided outsiders can be ok some of the time.