Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I don't wanna grow up . . .

Every time the new year comes around and brings hope for a brighter future, the bills come in and suffocate that hope. :) Last year, right after the New Year, we had to get a set of new tires for our car - an expense that we had to have faith that we would even be able to pay (though we did get free beef from Les Schwab tires for our troubles). This year, Deidra and I were talking about all the ideas we had for our tax returns when they arrive. And then the bills came rolling in: new rear brakes for the car, registration/safety inspection fees, paying for books and classes for the both of us, getting my keyboard repaired, learning that I am going to have to get my wisdom teeth out, and Deidra's visit to the ER in December that we found out wasn't going to be paid for by insurance. Now I just hope we break even.

I don't like this whole being grown-up and responsible thing. It's highly overrated.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

The tires were the week of Valentine's, thus successfully crashing any plans we may have had to spoil ourselves at the Painted Table.

I'm not liking this grown-up thing very much either, but I have to focus on where we are this year in comparison to last year. Not in complete financial bliss, but for sure, a lot better!

(And why did you post about our financial woes the day I post about buying the Shuffle, and wanting the Nano?!)

Karisa said...

That's what I was thinking- you two sure do think differently. If it's for Deidra, she'll always come up with the money. As for more grown up things like tires. . . .well that's no fun to spend your money on.