Thursday, February 01, 2007

What day is it today? . . .

I wouldn't know, because I don't have a calendar.

My phone conversation with "the wife" this morning:

Me: Will you please bring that classic car calendar that I got from Wilson Motors to my office when you come to pick me up?

The Wife: Um . . . no.

Me: Why not?

The Wife: Because it went out in the recycling a few weeks ago.

Me: What?!? Why did you do that?

The Wife: Because you weren't using it and it was just sitting around.

Me: I was planning on bringing to work because the calendar I have hanging up here ended with January.

The Wife: Well, I'm sorry, but it was bugging me.

So, moral of the story is - Deidra threw away my calendar without even asking and she doesn't see anything wrong with that. Am I wrong in being a little bit bugged? I welcome your comments (and I dare say that Deidra will be first to respond with her side of the story :-) ).

6 comments:

Deidra said...

How did you guess I would be first? Maybe I watched you type it, and when you were finieshed you handed me the computer for my rebuttle?

So, it had been gone for how many weeks and he didn't notice it? Yeah, obviously not super important. He got this calendar originally for his dad, and was his dad going to miss it when it when to recycling?! NO!

My mom taught me a long time ago that you have to get rid of stuff before it ends up in a pile (like the direction the "studio" was heading...)

It's gone. Get over it. Life goes on. You can buy a much cooler calendar at Borders for $4.oo these days.

chartie said...

That's true. I hear they have Jeopardy daily calendars aty Borders, so I can be cool like Nikkala.

chartie said...

P.S. Just for everyone's information, Deidra and I aren't airing our dirty laundry with this blog post. It's supposed to be more light-hearted than it reads. We still love each other and all that mushy stuff, don't worry.

Oh, and I got Hall of Fame baseball calendar from Borders. Much cooler than the free classic car one. (In case you were wondering) :)

Patty P said...

I'm glad that the calendar isn't the end of your marriage because I think I would have been made to feel guiltly about it.

Sara said...

Keep your fights to yourselves so we can at least be surprised if you get divorced.

Rick Rockhill said...

as a guy, I get it. I learned that lesson...and keep that kind of stuff in the trunk now!!!

stop by and say hi sometime
www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com