Friday, April 20, 2007

All-Electronic Program, you say?

Dear S. Larsen at Citibank,

I signed up for electronic billing with my Citibank card a while ago. Ever since I did, I get this letter in the mail every month:


It might be hard to see because of the page crease, but the first paragraph reads:
Your Citibank statement is now available at http://www.citicard.com. This notification is part of the All-Electronic Program you enrolled in to receive your statements online instead of in the mail.
My question: If it really is an "All-Electronic Program" (I like the capitalization, by the way - it just makes it seem so very official), then why do you keep sending me this letter every month in the mail? I am certainly capable of checking my statement and making electronic payments without this paper notification, especially since I get a notification via email as well. If I wanted something every month in the mail to remind me that I have a Citibank account, I would not have signed up for the "All-Electronic Program" in the first place.

No comments: