Saturday, January 02, 2010

December books

I did it - read 50 books in 2009! The final books for December were as follows:

Malcolm Gladwell

An interesting look at snap decisions. Not quite as good as Outliers (which Gladwell wrote later), but better than what I finished of The Tipping Point (which he wrote
earlier). I guess that means he keeps getting better! I'll have to pick up his new book, "What the
Dog Saw."

L. Frank Baum

This books introduces some other characters and story lines that ended up in the movie "Return to Oz." It is basically similar to the other Oz books thus far. But they are entertaining and easy reads. So I'll probably read one more at least to help me
reach my 50 book goal for the year.

L. Frank Baum

This was very similar to the other Oz books. But the new characters and story still seemed fresh.

Charles Dickens

I think I'll have to make this one a Christmas tradition. It's a fairly quick read with great imagery and storytelling. There's just some things that can't be captured in a
movie - no matter how many times it's remade.

Dan Brown

I actually liked this book more than Dan Brown's other books, because it wasn't as wildly over the top, though it was still rather unbelievable at points.

Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz

This book talked a lot about forming positive and healthy habits, and emphasizes the importance of managing your energy (instead of managing your time). It had some great ideas and advice on finding success at work and at home.

No comments: