Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Top 9 of 2009

I was just thinking of everything that has happened this past year, and came up with what I think are the my top 9 accomplishments of 2009:

9. Paying off one of my student loans: It's not the first, and definitely not the last, but each one that gets paid off makes me feel a little bit better.

8. Celebrating my 4th wedding anniversary: Definitely the easiest and funnest accomplish on this list, and I look forward to many more.

7. Getting over 100 universities aligned with SHRM's curriculum template: This is a goal I helped accomplish while working remotely as a research consultant for SHRM. Our initial goal was 25, which we met in February or March. Our goal got upped to 50, 75 and 100 and we were able to successively meet all of those goals successfully.

6. Receiving my PHR (Professional in Human Resources) Certification: After successfully passing the test, proving my MS in HR degree and verifying my prior HR employment, I became certified as of January 2009.

5. Reading 50 books: In the past, I have read probably about one book a month, so to do more than four times that amount in 2009 was truly an accomplishment for me. I think I'll cut it back in 2010, and focus on longer and more classic books.

4. Getting a job offer as Instructor at Trocaire College in Buffalo: This gave my the confidence and motivation to pursue my PhD and hopefully be a tenured university professor in the future.

3. Accepting a job offer as Instructor at Brigderland Applied Technical College: This allowed my the opportunity to stay in Logan (and not move to Buffalo), develop and deliver teaching and training, and prepare for a potential PhD programs in 2010.

2. Finally releasing Racing & Retracing: Eight year after releasing my first CD, and five years after recording the initial tracks for this CD, Racing & Retracing was finally released on October 28, 2009, after the final instrumentation and artwork were completed.

1. Running the Top of Utah marathon: Easily the most physically and mentally challenging goal I have ever accomplished, from day 1 of training through the finish line of the marathon itself.

What would you say are your biggest accomplishments of 2009?

1 comment:

Audrey Seymour said...

Wow that's way cool!