Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 PhD Breakdown - part 2

Since my first post, the following has happened:

Purdue University - I made it through the phone interviews and have been offered admission into their PhD in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (OBHR)! This was my top choice since I started this process over a year ago.

Texas A&M - I am #1 on their waiting list and will most likely be offered admission, as their first crop of students offered admission will likely have at least one that declines admission (their PhD program admits more student than Purdue's).

Temple University - I was not offered admission into their PhD program. Which, frankly, didn't surprise me.

University of Alabama - I still have not heard either way from Alabama. This, frankly, does surprise me. I'm not diggin' their lack of communication.

Washington State University - I have contacted WSU and declined their offer of admission. I feel like Purdue's program is a better fit for me. It felt kind of good to be the one turning the school down, rather than vice versa.

So right now, I would say there's about a 75% chance that we will end up at Purdue, though we'll have to see what offers Texas A&M and Alabama make (if any).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations, chris! we'll have to come visit, no matter where you end up.

Lisa said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome. Pretty soon we will call you Dr. Hartwell. Wow. Hum....what does Indiana have to offer visitors???

kim edvarchuk said...

Congrats! That is great...its always nice to have options...and good options. We are super excited for you both....but sad to see you go!

Do we "have" to call you "Dr. Hartwell?"

chartie said...

I think the whole "Dr." title is overrated. I liked my masters program, where all the professors go by their first name.

Jean said...

WOOHOO!!!!! That's great!! I'm doing the Dance of Joy.

Unknown said...

This is so exciting for you guys. Funny how it's not right one year and the next you're picking and choosing from schools. You guys have some fun adventures ahead of you! Congrats.