Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Houston Bound

I am part of a couple of conference submissions that got accepted to the SIOP Annual Conference this year, which means that I will be traveling to Houston in early April (around the 10th-13th). While I have flown through numerous Texas airports, this will be my first time spending any significant time in Texas.

I have been checking out some potential things to do and have found that the Astros are not playing at home while I will be there, but the Rockets are. And that's about all I have figured out so far. What can I say - sports come first.

 I'll be sticking in the downtown area during my time there. For any of you that have been to Houston, any recommendations of things to see, places to eat, places to stay, etc.? I'm pretty sure the readership of my blog is at about 10 people right now (if that), so I'm not banking on getting much of a response, but any little bit helps.


No comments: