Friday, September 01, 2006

Stay in school!

And I am not talking to the students, either. I am in charge of arranging substitutes for two school districts and today was a mad house! Granted, it is the Friday before a three-day weekend, but it's also the first full week of school. I would think that teachers would want to get their class acclimated for a couple of weeks before having to bring in a substitute, but apparently I am mistaken. In the school districts we service, we had a total of just over 100 absence for this week last year. This year, the number has reached well over 300! I shouldn't be complaining, because that equals more money for our company, which will probably equal more money in my pocket via bonuses, but it still boggles my mind. Maybe they need to get celebrities and sports icons to run a "stay in school" campaign for teachers like they did for students back when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Or maybe your school district should smarten up and not start school until after the Labour Day weekend. That's just retarded. Everyone knows people don't show up to school when it starts at the end of August. Sheesh...

You have all the decision making powers, right?