Tuesday, September 26, 2006

USU Football (if you can call it that)


I did my undergraduate work at the George Washington University, a school with a great basketball team, but there was no football team at all. I always thought I kind of missed out on the whole idea of braving the chilly Fall weather, packing into the stadium dressed in school colors, and and rooting for your college team as they play some hard-hitting, smashmouth football. So I was looking forward to watching some good, old-fashioned college football when I moved to Logan a year ago.

Last year, I attended three games and Utah State won two of them (probably the only two games they won all year). So I wasn't too disappointed. This year, however, I have lost all desire to even attend a football game now that the team is 0-4, being outscored something like 144-7 total so far this year. And the only touchdown came from the defense. The offense has yet to score any points in four games!!

Maybe it was better that my alma mater didn't have a football team . . .

1 comment:

Tameka Lee said...

Well now you know a little bit how going to a Burley High Football game is. Good thing we have our band