Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Video killed the radio star - My Top 10 Music Videos

Last night, Deidra and I started watching some music videos on YouTube and it totally brought back some great memories from my growing up years. After searching through numerous music videos and trying to rack my brain to remember my favorite music videos from over the years. I thought I would share the list I have come up with so far:

10. Genesis - Land of Confusion

The video is disturbing, but I can't pry my eyes away from the muppet-like caricatures.

9. Ok Go - Here it goes again

Can you really go wrong with synchronized treadmill dancing?

8. Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

The idea of a band composed completely of cartoon characters? Brilliant!

7. Jamiroqua - Virtual Insanity

Such amazing effects. I think I saw on pop-up video how they did all this stuff. It's pretty crazy.

6. Foo Fighters - Everlong

If you ever wonder what I dream like, just watch this video. I swear it comes straight from my subconscious. And when the drummer sits up from the bed and it turns into his drumset ... possibly my favorite moment in all of music video history.

5. Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice

Whoever convinced Christopher Walken to star in this video is a genius! I love his deadpan, serious expression throughout the entire video.

4. Peter Gabriel - Big Time

Claymation at it's best.

3. Michael Jackson - Thriller

About a million Michael Jackson videos could be on this list. He was the king of the "short film" music video. But this one is just classic.

2. Coldplay - The Scientist

Probably the most heart-wrenching video I have ever seen. And the whole thing running backwards just makes it all the more intriguing.

1. A-ha - Take On Me

The first video I ever saw that I just wanted to watch over and over again. Too bad I had to watch hours of MTV in order to see it again ... what a wasted youth. If only YouTube existed back then.

What were/are some of your favorite music videos?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I think you totally summed it up! Very nice list; I have to agree with you on most (if not all) of 'em!

Unknown said...

Not to let out any secrets or anything, but maybe you should come to Mr. USU next Wednesday-the 4th. You may be in for a surprise!