Monday, July 17, 2006

Plot #16

This picture is a close-up of the stake and sign designating our garden plot in the community garden. I don't think I have expounded enough on how much I like having a garden. We have eaten a ton of produce already, including salad, snap peas, pod peas, radishes, yellow onions, red onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. But there's still lots more to come! Our pole beans are just starting to get ripe for the picking, more lettuce, zucchini, onions, and bell peppers are waiting to be harvested, and other produce like tomatos, jalepeno peppers, banana peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and hopefully yellow watermelon are on their way. It's exciting, for some reason, to watch these tiny seeds grow and blossom into these amazing plants that yield fruits or vegetables in abundance. Of course, some have fared better than others. We planted and replanted leeks, to no avail. Our carrots are just starting to take form after replanting them, and our pod peas did not quite flourish as we had hoped. Both both our pole beans and snap peas have grown immensely and are yielding way more than we thought possible. So far, the only mishap was when Deidra accidentally pulled up my second crop of radishes. With her dislike for the spicy red bulbs, I sometimes question whether or not there was malicious intent. But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt... for now. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deidra said...

It was an accident-- I promise! What about when you take a break, standing on the fragile new carrot growth? We're learning!

Nikkala said...

I am glad plot 16 is treating you well. Last night Chod was telling me how much he missed having a garden...he's going to be super jealous after he reads this!