Friday, July 14, 2006

Where has the time gone?

20 years ago this summer, I was playing my second year of pitching machine baseball.

15 years ago this summer, I was going on one of my first yearly week-long scout camps.

10 years ago this summer, I received a mission call to serve in the Kentucky Louisville mission.

5 years ago this summer, I was taking summer classes to help me finish my bachelors degree the following year.

Today, I am married, working a full-time salaried job, contemplating graduate school, paying off student loans, growing my own garden, and all-in-all pretending to be all grown up. Life flies by pretty quickly.

Where will I be 5, 10, 15, or 20 years from now? Only time will tell. It reminds me of a lyric from The Refreshments: "You wonder where I'll be in a year/ I'll probably be sitting right here." But hopefully I will continue to grow and find new avenues and opportunities, instead of being that stagnant. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: